University Of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
Winner of the William Minor Lile Moot Court Competition.
Virginia Tax Review, Managing Editor.
Yale University, B.A. History.
- “No Pay Provisions: The Forgotten Middle Ground In The Fee-Shifting Battle,” The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (June 1, 2015).
- “Buck-Passing Under 102(b)(7): The (Unanticipated?) Liability-Shifting Impact of Director Exculpation,” Insights (November 2014)
- “Caveat Emptor: Contractual Indemnification Provisions in Acquisition Agreements and Resulting Acquirer Risk for Unknown Actions of Target Fiduciaries,” The M & A Lawyer (April 2013).
- “Letting Information Sink In: An Analysis Of Delaware Cases Assessing The Time Necessary To Absorb Supplemental Disclosures,” PLI Course Handbook (2013).
- “Does Your Deal Lawyer Belong In the Witness Chair? Assessing Whether To Raise The Advice of Counsel Defense In M&A Litigation,” PLI Course Handbook (2012).
- “The Rise of ‘Strong Form’ Special Committees,” Insights (November 2011).
- “Delaware Chancery’s $1.3 Billion Damage Award: 19 Take-Aways,” Deal Lawyers (November/December 2011).
- “Frequently Asked Questions, Answers and More Questions about the Business Strategy Immunity,” PLI Course Handbook (2011).
- “Guidance on Fee Negotiations and Settlements,” Insights (September 2011).
- “The Implications of King v. VeriFone Holdings, Inc.,” Insights (April 2011).
- “How Process Flaws Can Rewrite Your Merger Agreement: Misconduct, Remedies and Del Monte,” Deal Lawyers (March/April 2011).
- “Delaware’s New Guidance: Appropriate Scope & Scale of Internal Investigations Involving Officers,” Corporate Governance Advisor(September/October 2010).
Professional Honors, Associations and Memberships:
Delaware State Bar Association
United States District Court for the District of Delaware
Outside of Abrams & Bayliss:
Member, New Castle Sailing Club